VIDEO PRESENTATION — Coming Soon!
This presentation will cover topics such as an overview of the opioid crisis as a public health emergency, the often unexplored intersection of brain injury and opioid misuse, barriers to treatment for the brain injury community, and suggestions for substance abuse treatment of individuals with acquired brain injury.
MEET —Dr. Suzanne O’Connor, Psy.D.
Dr. Suzanne O’Connor received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Arizona School of Professional Psychology in 2014. Her educational experience includes work in the areas of Neuropsychological assessment and Neurorehabilitation, Serious Mental Illness, and Substance Abuse Treatment, with research interests in behavioral addictions, neurorehabilitation, and assessment development.
Her current projects include developing new groups to improve patient care and education, forming peer groups for doctoral level students and early career psychologist studying for board certification, and developing assessments. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, Division 22 Rehabilitation Psychology, and the Arizona Neuropsychological Society.
* Dr. O’Connor joined Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions Day Treatment Program in Phoenix, Arizona in June 2013 as an Intern, became a Post-Doctoral Neuropsychology Resident in 2014, was hired on as an attending Clinical Neuropsychologist in 2017 and became the Director of Neuropsychology in 2018. In 2018, she was appointed as an Allied Health Professional in the Department of Medicine at Abrazo Central Campus where she worked in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit and in Behavioral Medicine throughout the hospital.
In 2019, Dr. O’Connor joined the Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona to help raise awareness about brain injury survivors and opioid abuse. She has presented at conferences at both local and national levels and is the author of numerous research articles and publications in the area of assessments, behavioral addictions, and substance abuse following traumatic brain injury.
*In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, raising awareness for adopting animals, gardening, attending car shows and concerts, photography, and frequenting the Valley’s great selection of restaurants.
One (1) Credit Hour in any of the following
- AAFP- American Academy of Family Practice- CME
- California Board of Nursing- CNE
- National Association of Social Work- AZ Chapter
- National Commission on Health Education Credentialing-CHES
- Physical Therapy
- Nursing Care Administrator and Assisted Living Facility
- PACE/CCM-Commission for Case Manager Certification