This presentation will explore the unique challenges faced by bilingual patients after experiencing a brain injury. It will examine how TBI may adversely affect the language processing center of the brain.
MEET — Ileana Ratiu, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Ileana Ratiu, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is an Assistant Professor and Assistant Program Director in the Speech-Language Pathology Program at Midwestern University, Glendale. She completed her undergraduate degree in Psychology, her Master’s degree in Communication Disorders, and her Doctoral degree in Speech and Hearing Science all at Arizona State University. As a clinician, she works with patients with a history of traumatic brain injury and stroke. Her research focuses on memory, executive function, and language control in healthy bilingual adults and bilingual adults with acquired neurogenic disorders.
One (1) Credit Hour in any of the following
- AAFP- American Academy of Family Practice- CME
- California Board of Nursing- CNE
- National Association of Social Work- AZ Chapter
- National Commission on Health Education Credentialing-CHES
- Physical Therapy
- Nursing Care Administrator and Assisted Living Facility
- PACE/CCM-Commission for Case Manager Certification