AUGUST 6 – 9, 2020 | Payson, Arizona
Camp Can Do is a four-day camp for adult survivors of brain injury. A signature program of the Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona, Camp Can Do has helped survivors of serious brain injury for over a decade to interact with nature, form lifelong friendships, and enjoy increased independence. Camp is a life-changing experience for many. Physical and occupational therapy students serve as volunteers at camp and are able to gain real world experience assisting campers and facilitating recreation and social activities appropriate for those with cognitive challenges.
THANK YOU to our 2019 Presenting Sponsors
Here are some details you will want to make note of:
- Volunteers will need to make themselves available for the entire duration of camp unless prior arrangements have been made with the Camp Director.
- Volunteers need to report to camp at Whispering Hope Ranch in Payson at noon on Thursday the 6th. Please bring a sack lunch or eat prior to your arrival.
- Volunteers are able to leave camp at noon on Sunday the 9th.
- Volunteers typically start around 7:00 a.m. in the morning and work until around 10:00 p.m. at night.
- General guidelines, including clothing requirements, will be discussed at the Camp Can Do Open House on Saturday, June 19th.
- Many of the volunteers sleep in the same cabin as the campers.
- There is no cost for volunteers, but we do require a $45.00 fee for a background check even if you have a finger print clearance card.
- You will be responsible for transportation to the camp site.
- While we understand emergencies happen, please only commit to volunteering if you are certain you’ll be able to do so.
COST: $45 background check
Whispering Hope Ranch
2273 East Colcord Road
Payson, AZ 85541-2230
P: (928) 478-0339
F: (928) 478-0410
(M – F 9:00AM – 4:00PM)
Driving Directions From Phoenix
(approx drive time from Phoenix is 2 hours)
- Travel north on Hwy 87 to Payson. Turn right (east) onto Hwy 260.
- Travel approximately 25 miles to Colcord Rd (about 3 miles past 2nd Christopher Creek sign).
- Turn right onto Colcord Rd.
- Travel 2.3 miles on Colcord Rd.
- Turn right into the gate of Whispering Hope Ranch.
Whispering Hope Ranch
who we are
what we do
who we help
how to get help
you can help
Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona
5025 E. Washington St, Ste 108
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
1 (888) 500-9165
Fax (602) 508-8285
BIAAZ is a chartered affiliate of the
United States Brain Injury Alliance.
2020 © Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona